Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Thank you! The apistos add a lot of character and the angels are like puppies. I鈥檝e been enjoying it more than my reef tank lately, who knew!?
View attachment 143072
Hi!馃槂
If you have Angels then the shrimp won't last long, you are correct, but it'll be nutritious for them though.
I love the tank!!! Omg! It's actually amazing, fish buddy; wow!!馃槂
I have 1 of our tanks with 5 Angelfish and 2 aquatic African Dwarf frogs and a tiny Black Kuhli that we're trying to get grown out so that he can be transferred to our Community tank right now. Hmmm....馃槂

Registered
It looks good, and will be even better when the plants grow more. I would consider adding more wood to provide more structure at the higher parts of the tank. Make plenty of natural caves and crevices rather than adding pottery, and maybe add some floating plants?. Something like this one of mine that I would put Ivanacara in if I could get them...

On that subject, a while back my local fish shop owner told me he might be able to get Ivanacara bimaculata, and, like you, I tried to do some research on them and found very little, except that they are very rare in the hobby, come from a remote location in Guayana and are practically impossible to get unless someone goes there to collect them. At this point I became dubious and asked the guy again, he said they were coming from Indonesia! And conceded they might have been I. adoketa after all, but in any case it was too late to order them as they had sold out. All very strange! Here is the tank I would have put them in, and it normally has more leaf litter, need to get some more...

View attachment 143076
Hi!馃槂
Omg! Be still my heart! I love your aquarium! How awesome!馃槂 wow! You definitely have a flair for this hobby and I'm applauding you, our fish buddy!馃槂
Any type of babies would love living in this blessed habitat; wow!!馃槂 it takes me breath away!!馃槂馃槂馃槂馃槂馃榾

Registered
Thank you! I didn鈥檛 know it could be super glued. I was just going to get some super glue for my reef tank, now I have even more reasoning. I鈥檝e been struggling to hide the edges on my wood and I鈥檇 been using rock piles. Java moss incoming!
Hi!馃槂
And, you can use Gorilla glue too!馃槂 yep! and it doesn't hurt your babies at all! We like to use the glue sticks to not have to wait too long of a drying time!馃槂

1 - 5 of 5 Posts