Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We purchased a juvenile Zebra Obliquidens he was placed in our 150 gallon. He would not eat and was pale and hiding behind the filters all the time. I took him out and placed him in a 5 gallon bucket with an airstone. he is still showing no color and not eating. I added epsom salt and have been changing the five gallon bucket water with a mix of tank water and fresh daily. I tried feeding him some Metro soaked food but he would not eat so I started treating the water with Metro, since that was the antibiotic I have on hand .water parameters were good in 150 gallon every other fish we purchased is in good shape. I don't know what to do with this guy.

· Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We purchased him on Saturday. He has not eaten since then and is looking worse. I know the bucket is not a good hospital tank, but I was afraid the other fish would make him worse. I dont think he is going to make it. It could be a lot of things wrong with him but after five days of not eating he is getting really weak

· Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks I have already done a partial water change today and will add more salt. Do you think he might do better in a breeder net?

· Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cichlidaholic, thanks for your help. I am getting a hospital tank a.s.a.p., but the zebra died. I left home and when I came back his color was back, but he could not swim he was laying on his side. He died shortly after that. I don't think he had much of a chance, he never ate or did anything besides hide behind the filter up high on the aquarium. I added 7 other fish at the same time in a tank that we had taken most of the rock out and rearranged because we new we were adding fish. He was a beautiful fish. :(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.