Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would love to add these to my stock, but they will be around 3-4 inches which is atleast a whole inch bigger than any thing else I have will this be an issue? I have a 135g with 1m 2f ps chewere, 1m 1f snow whites, 2m 1f afra cobue, 1 demasoni male which I will add some more as I would like atleast 10. I am also going to add tropheops chilumba around 7 and 1m 2f polits. Right now the snow white and the chewere rule the tank, will the zebra be too big for what I have? Has anyone keep these? Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
31,206 Posts
7 species is pushing the limits in my opinion. I would stick with six, and increase the numbers, as trios and pairs are not really ideal. Both the Zebra and Tropheops are pretty aggressive fish, so I would be inclined not to add both.

An inch bigger isn't a big deal, someone's gotta be the boss. In my opinion, `1 male, 5+ females for either type of Chilumba, no matter which you choose.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks man, most likely I will add the Tropheops since they are a smaller fish and its females are beautiful. I will also increase my m f ratio and add more syn muti cats as I only have 2 at the moment. A friend of mine has the zebra all ready so I will wait untill I have another tank set up and take some fry.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.