Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I recently stumbled upon a YouTube documentary called 'Tales of Shells and Dust' that I found quite interesting. It centers around a young Neolamprologus Multifasciatus male and his 2 females (from the fish's perspective) setting up a new colony in Ndole Bay. Filming is mostly around Ndole Bay, and shows much of the area and how different sections have different habitats like the heavily vegetation areas and area with vegetation.

The documentary is really long and broken into 7 chapters totaling somewhere in the neighborhood of 5 hours of film.. I watched it all as I was really fascinated, but if the story is not interesting to you, or you don't have the patience for something this long, it does have species segments broken in here and there. Chapter 7 has a great segment on the Multifasciatus and their symbiotic relationships to a breeding pair of Neolamprologus Tetracanthus and some dwarf Altolampprologus Compressiceps. Other segments in earlier chapters covers Neolamprologus Occelatus, Temporalis shell, Lepidiolamprologus Cunningtoni, (love their blue and yellow tails), Lamprologus Callipterus (this one was really good and I believe it was in Chapter 4 or 5) and much more.

I am not going to paste a link, but it is easily found by doing a YouTube search for 'Tales of Shells and Dust'. Alfredo Reis Deus is the film maker and he has several others videos of Lake Tanganyika that are good.

If anyone knows of other good videos to watch, please post. Love learning and seeing these fish in their natural habitat.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the kind words sir_keith. I really like this forum and plan on sticking around Love learning all things Cichlid and especially about the Cichlids form Lake Tanganyika. I have had and like Cichlids form all over, but just have a special fondness for the Cichlids form this rift lake.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Thanks for the kind words sir_keith. I really like this forum and plan on sticking around Love learning all things Cichlid and especially about the Cichlids form Lake Tanganyika. I have had and like Cichlids form all over, but just have a special fondness for the Cichlids form this rift lake.
Same here. I have been keeping cichlids all of my adult life, and knew some of the pioneering importers during the 'African Invasion,' a uniquely exciting time in the hobby. For the last 20 years or so I have specialized in the fishes from Lake Tanganyika.
Water Organism Fish Terrestrial plant Underwater

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,255 Posts
Thanks for the tip on the videos! I'm fairly certain the videos you suggested are also done by a member here who did the Battle of the Shells documentaries by @Ardeus though the links in his post are broken but can still be found on youtube.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts