Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am moving my severums and plecos to a 75 shortly. theyare in a 29 now and after i move them i will need to get some new fish for the soon to be empty 29.

my question is, should i:
go with a certain species for the tank? example... could i set up a litle discus community in a 29? or maybe plant it up and get some rams? any suggestions are welcome as to a kind of fish that would be ok in a 29.

or, should i maintain the tank and keep it nice so my wife and daughter can just pick out colorful fish like guppes and mollies like they always try to do. i can have my sa sev tank down stairs, let them do their thing in the 29?

what does everyone think would be cool?????

·
Registered
377 Posts
too small for discus.

A pair of rams or any other dwarf cichlid would work. You could also keep it as a hospital/quaranteen tank. I might put a trio of apisto's some cory's, tetra's, oto cats, and plant it out. Should look pretty nice.

·
Registered
377 Posts
although, you can always give the tank up to your wife and kid...that way, when you get a third tank you can tell them that they already have their own.

·
Registered
43 Posts
thats exactly what i would do! actuallly i already did that! i did my 29 gallon with 20 neon tetras and a molly and a couple others, all the fish my wifey wanted!
now when i get my 125 in the next year sometime ill have the 125 and the 90!

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
haha, i love the way you guys think. i am gonna just keep it nice for them and let them get whatever they want. then after a while move up to a bigger size, have two tanks to myself and let them roll with the 29. thanks for the help guys.

its funny how those of us with wives are on the same page with all the manipulation that goes on trying to convince them its a good idea to drop close to a grand to get a new setup. it takes months and months of convincing and preparation. the 75 is a go, now the seeds are being planted for the 125, hahahahaha

1 - 5 of 5 Posts