Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all :) new here, and new to cichlids

I currently have a 576l planted tank, with 112l sump.

So far I have 50 cardinal tetras and 11 bronze corys and 6 ottocinclus in there. Also 10 amanos, they're getting pretty big now, and a brunch of rcs..

I was wondering if any of you have any experience with the Laetacara Doersigera, will they leave my red neon tetras alone?
I'm not so worried about my rcs, as they are a good source of live food :)

I think I've had them many years ago, but i cant really remeber they're behaivor.

How many would you get of them?

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
You could get a group of six and potentially end up with a couple of pairs. Your tank has lots of territories so more than one pair may be possible. Not sure if they'll do okay with the amanos. Others may have more experience with that.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you Zimmy my lfs actually have 6 of them right now. I was able to reserve them and go get them in the weekend, so excitet :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Thank you :) will post a picture of them when I get them :) got another brunch og bronze corys yesterday, they are quite small and not much color yet. Made a short video with them

·
Premium Member
4,697 Posts
Wow. Beautiful aquarium!
When those plants in there take off, that thing is gonna be LUSH.
-
Love the Cories. Scaredy cats? They just didn't want to get out of that net! That first one was actually going BACK IN - until he saw the other one making his big escape. They really are a hugely social species, and it looks like you've got the numbers to see most of those behaviors they will ultimately display in a good-sized group.
Thanks for sharing, and this is all just really nice work. :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you very much Auballagh :) yea they are cute little fish, really love them! I finally got my laetacara dorsigera today, 7 of them. Really shy fish mostly hanging out in the back of the tank now, best part is they don't show aggression towards the corys or the cardinals which is good hehe. Was a little scared about that :)

Plant Terrestrial plant Water Fish Scaled reptile

Plant Green Botany Terrestrial plant Flower

Plant Terrestrial plant Arecales Natural landscape Aquatic plant

This was the moment when I was a bit sceptic, but turned out just fine :) just checking each one out hehe
Plant Terrestrial plant Organism Grass Groundcover

Cory decided to chill for a while :giggle:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you :)

I grabbed a couple of vids for anyone interested, im quite happy with them. They are really not moving around that much, like they are just observing or something :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts