Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I e-mail you a picture of these fish could someone help me to identify?They are 2 1/2-3'' long :fish:

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for putting the pics on here.Can anybody identify these 2 fish?

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
The back one is a kenyi (Metriaclima lombardoi).

·
Registered
258 Posts
yeah back 1 is a kenyi aka lombardoi, front one looks like a hybrid... lots more bars

·
Registered
721 Posts
I agree one is a kennyi.....the other--never saw before--hybrid..??

·
Registered
295 Posts
css virginia said:
Why are so many people so quick to suggest that a fish is a hybrid if they cannot immediately identify it from a single photo of questionable quality?

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
kingdave said:
css virginia said:
Why are so many people so quick to suggest that a fish is a hybrid if they cannot immediately identify it from a single photo of questionable quality?
Because finding a pure fish, even if you think you've identified it, is extremely rare unless the fish in question were bought from an extremely reputable breeder.

·
Registered
295 Posts
dielikemoviestars said:
kingdave said:
css virginia said:
Because finding a pure fish, even if you think you've identified it, is extremely rare unless the fish in question were bought from an extremely reputable breeder.
I don't disagree with you about the difficulty in finding "pure" fish out there. What I am pointing out is that often the quality of the photo is what prevents positive identification in many cases.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Kind of looks like a juvy Bumble Bee (Metriaclima crabro). Definetely not positive on that one though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts