Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody newbby on cichlids like to know if I can host a trio of yellow labs and 3 or 4 saulosi in 29 gal w/ plenty of rocks, or yellow's w pair of peacocks if peackos what specie would be ok, I know some peacocks are not to aggresive
thank you
Aztlan

·
Registered
223 Posts
aztlan said:
Hello everybody newbby on cichlids like to know if I can host a trio of yellow labs and 3 or 4 saulosi in 29 gal w/ plenty of rocks, or yellow's w pair of peacocks if peackos what specie would be ok, I know some peacocks are not to aggresive
thank you
Aztlan
A 55g is really the minimum for a group of Mbuna or peacocks.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Hmm. I would think 29 gal would be a 1 species tank truthfully. You might be able to get away with something but I'm not sure. I would say no to peacocks because they usually grow 6"+ and they are too big for that tank. You could do a saulosi tank with 5 yellowish orangish females and 1 blue striped male probably or just some yellow labs.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
My daughter has had a group of 5-6 Yellow labs in a 29G for a couple of years, but I wouldn't advise putting a second species in there with them.

You might get away with a small group of saulosi, but you'd have to be really careful to only get one male. (I'm not recommending it with the Yellow labs, though!)

Kim

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
I would try one male with 3-4 females and see if it works out.

You certainly don't want more than one male!

Kim

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for help, i decided to go w yellows for multiple reasons, now :-? they are about 1" and one of them has darker yellow vertical stripes and still has the black dorsal fin as yellow labs , is been like that since i spoted at pet store, is this stress or is some kind of hybrid
Thank you
Aztlan

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Stress can cause barring, but it's not unusual to see barring in Yellow labs that young. It may disappear as they mature.

Are you saying only one of them has black in the dorsal, though?

Kim

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks I found a topic here about barring, no they all have the black line in dorsal fin
Thank you
aztlan

1 - 9 of 9 Posts