Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just noticed in my main display tank I have a few of my yellow tail acei that now have some white spots on their bodies, and a couple are getting pop eye....I just did a water change to make sure everything is good on that end. Any input? And is there something I can put in the tank (meds) to correct this?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
40,705 Posts
Are they eating? I will guess the white marks are injuries from other fish...I see auratus in the tank.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
These fish have been in the tank together for a while...and why only the yellow tails? I currently have an issue with my yellow lab breeding tank, and now I'm beginning to wonder if I've used something in conjunction with those two tanks, like a scrubber for the algae when I clean the tanks..?!? I get the theory of the fighting, but they are starting to show the same type behavior as the yellow labs...one fish sucking on the side of the other fish, and it shaking so much it flips over...

·
Super Moderator
40,705 Posts
What you are observing is aggression.

I would separate the fish and keep nitrates below 20ppm.

The pop eye is sometimes seen with bloat, which can result if aggression is a problem. If they are eating it is not bloat. But if they are not eating and have thin/thready and white/clear feces then I would medicate without delay.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts