Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
40,499 Posts
I don't see a problem with the combination...go for 7 of each after removing extra males.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Any other suggestions to look for if I don't go with acei? I am thinking that would be a lot of purple/yellow in the tank considering the yellow tail and fins, with the labs being all yellow, and purple body, which also shows on mature rustys.

·
Registered
937 Posts
I think you're looking for a ton of hybrid fry. Those three species are the most likely to breed with other Malawian Cichlids. They don't care if their own kind is available, they will breed with whoever is ready to go.

·
Registered
9,063 Posts
morrismorris said:
Any other suggestions to look for if I don't go with acei? I am thinking that would be a lot of purple/yellow in the tank considering the yellow tail and fins, with the labs being all yellow, and purple body, which also shows on mature rustys.
I would get a Mbuna that is blue with black bars instead of the Acei.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Would any group with black and blue bars do, considering the temperament of the rusty and labs? I have a Pseudotropheus elongatus jewel spot in the tank now. I understand that these fish can be pretty aggressive but what if I added 5 more to the mix?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts