Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i had a bit of a fishcastrophy over the holiday weekend... i was out of town and my heater must have went bad, because when i got home, i found 11 0f my 19 fish dead. 4 of the 5 labs, 4 of the 5 acei, a frontosa, a phenechilous, and a BN pleco... the survivers were 5 lethrinops, 1 lab, 1 acei, and my common pleco... my water temp was around 88-90 degrees.

can/should the labs and acei stay a single fish, or should i start thinking about finding 4 more of each to replace my deceased... just trying to figure out what to do with the tank now that i lost more than half of my stock. just leave it so they have more room to swim, or pack it back full with labs and acei.

thanks

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ya, i think i am eventually gonna replace the deceased... as far as my heater goes... not sure what i am gonna due... right now, i just have 2 smaller heaters in there now... but my water parameters were fine... ammonia was high, but that was because i had 11 dead fish in there for however long... after i took out dead fish, did a water change, i did another parameter test, and water was fine... so all it was was my heater i assume... the temp in the tank was 88-90 degrees, when i fished the dead ones out... so, my guess, is that they pretty much boiled to death. i left the heater in a bucket for a couple days, and it never shut off... so i am thinking it was broken, because i had it set at like 78 degrees.
thanks for the replies guys.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.