Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! And thanks in advance for your help. This is my first post, and I'm just about 5 weeks into my first cichlid tank. I have what was sold to me as an Electric Yellow and I just purchased another that they called a Yellow Lab. I have come to realize (I think) these should be one-in-the-same, but they look entirely different. "Electric Yellow" is on top, "Yellow Lab" on the bottom. And yes, I know the Electric Yellow looks kinda bad. Rest assured it's doing much better and is re-gaining it's color and the brown is subsiding. I was fighting the nitrites in my initial cycle and it was in there.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Only the first pic works, but def doesnt look like a pure lab that is for sure. I am sure someone with more experience will chime in and help you out.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
I'd bet at least 1 parent of the first one is Ps. flavus, but it's either VERY poorly bred and stressed or (more likely) not pure.

2nd - need to see a better shot of the head. Body and color are definite red zebra. Head might be indicative of hybird.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts