Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How long will a yellow lab hold eggs? She has had them in her mouth for about 3 weeks. No way to know if they are fertilized or anything. She hasn't eat in forever and I just wanted to know if there was anything that I needed to do.

·
Registered
31,206 Posts
If she is still holding after three weeks, they will have been fertilized. If they are not fertilized, typically they spit around 3-4 days.

What are you going to do with the fry, or the mother? Is she in the "community" tank? Do you have something setup for the fry?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is the first time that I have ever had one keep eggs this long. Yes she is in a community tank and the only other tank is a 2 gallon tank that I use to for my hospital tank. I guess I could put her in it but I really dont want to stress her out and yes she is in a community tank and the fry will not last long. How long will it be before the fry come?? What do I need to do in your opinion??

·
Super Moderator
40,889 Posts
So the fry are likely to be hybrids? And you are going to let them be spit in the tank?

If you are not saving the fry, then you probably don't need to invest in another tank to raise them (a 2G would be too small). The mother will likely be fine to stay in the community tank and spit the fry in the tank.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So how long will it be fore she spits them in the tank?? I could borrow a 10 gallon if that would be better but I really dont know what to do. What would you do in my sutuation??

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok I will probably go with that. I guess the chances of the two other labs fertilizing the eggs is unlikely.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts