Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have gotten 12 yellow labs from a local guy here. One adult and the rest are fairly small. All are eating and acting normal except the adult. He hasnt eaten since I gotten him, but is still out and about in the tank swimming all through out the tank. When ever I approach the tank he hides in the rocks and wont come out till after I walk away for a bit. I do see him even chasing other labs once is awhile but have yet to see any aggression towards him at all. I have been watching him thinking it might be a her, but showing no signs of holding.

No clamped fins, no bloating, spots, nothing, except not eating and belly looks ever so slightly sunken in. I havent seen him poop at all since I gotten him.

Water parameters are Ammonia 0 Nitrite 0 Nitrate 10 PH 8.0

Any suggestions on what I should do or could do what be appreciated. He is a beautiful specimen and would hate to let anything go too far and lose him. It has been about a week since he was introduced into the tank, 7 days tomorrow.

Will try and get a pic of him if I can get close enough without him hiding on me.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well after sitting as motionless as possible for the last 40 min I got her to come out for a little.

Notice how I said "her" LOL happen to catch her opening her mouth and it looked I seen an egg in there. Must be a small clutch cause her buccal cavity doesnt look swollen at all, but I did observe some "chewing" so Im gonna watch her some more to confirm but it looks like she may be holding after all. :p

Sorry for the wasted post, was just getting concerned.

·
Super Moderator
40,491 Posts
A happy ending is always nice to read. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just an update: Today I went to feed my fish and the Lab that wasnt eating at was out and EATING like a champ. She must have been holding for a bit before I got her and spit in my main tank. Now I will have to keep my eyes peeled to see if I can see any wigglers left in there. Would imagine they will be holding tight in the rock pile for cover for a bit though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts