Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all.

I have a 3 year old male? yellow lab in distress. Yesterday he was in really bad shape, very pale, not swimming and being picked at by other mbuna in the tank and not even trying to get away. I took him out (very easy, could have gotten him by hand) and put him in a 10 gallon with some danios. He's looking a little better this morning. His home has been very aggressive lately and I'm guessing that's the issue, although the two yellow labs are never picked on or harassed at all. As I said he's starting to look a little better, he's yellow again and starting to look a little normal. How long can I let him recover with the Danios in the 10 gallon before moving him back to the 55?

His home is a 4ft 55g, 78 degrees, nitrite and ammonia are 0, nitrate is 20. There are about 15 other fish in the 55. Unfortunately it's a pretty aggressive home.

·
Super Moderator
40,504 Posts
Is he eating? You may want to figure out how to solve the issue in the 55G while he recovers, else it will just happen again.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He ate this morning. It's quite a turn around from yesterday. I can't really fix the issues in the 55. Nowhere to rehome fish, nor do I really want to.

·
Super Moderator
40,504 Posts
Not ideal, but to live he may need to stay in the 10G.

Don't feel like there is nowhere to rehome a fish on Long Island or in the tri-state area. But if you don't want to, it does not really matter if you can.

If he is eating and his feces look good (thick and food colored) then keep the water clean and he will likely be fine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts