Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a male and female yellow lab ( they were my first fish about 3 months ago ) the female held the fry then i stripped and removed her.

The fry have been in a smaller tank theyre growing quite fast. About 5-6cm now ?
Anyway , the most of them seem just the one colour. Others have slight vertical barring on them.

Any chance theyre cross bred ? Or is this just genetics.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I know they wont cross with dems. I have some Yellow lab fry right now as well and have had them for about a month and they are about an an 3/4" to 1". Some of mine are producing really nice yellow coloring while some others present some barring as well as a more pale yellow color. I even have 2 out of my batch that seem almost more brown. I know they are pure labs without a doubt but I guess it is just a quality thing. You are going to have some good quality fry in your batch as well as some bad quality fry. I think its just nature. Oh and dont worry about them not haveing much color or just having plain yellow coloring at your size. They color as they grow. The bigger they get you will start noticing black markings and so on.

·
Premium Member
3,013 Posts
A picture would be helpful. It depends on how intense this vertical barring is.

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
bstatham said:
I know they wont cross with dems.
In the right circumstances they would.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.