Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine went to an LFS yesterday and saw a cichlid with two black bars, one on the dorsal fin and the other in the abdomen.

Any ideas what fish it may be?

·
Registered
275 Posts
monisaab said:
A friend of mine went to an LFS yesterday and saw a cichlid with two black bars, one on the dorsal fin and the other in the abdomen.

Any ideas what fish it may be?
I'm new to cichlids, but it sounds like a yellow lab I just picked up, I'll try to get a pic.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Not sure if this is what you mean, but it looks like he has a black bar on his dorsal fin and abdomen,

But it's not really on his abdomen, it his fins, so I'm not sure if this is what you mean.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks zoie... I told him the same thing, even showed him a few pictures but he said nope this isn't the fish that I saw...

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yes I don't think I've seen such a cichlid at any forum thats why I asked if any of the experts would help me...

·
Registered
13 Posts
It could be a yellow lab. I have seen some with black bars running vertically down the side.
Maybe that's the kind of yellow lab your friend saw? o_O

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
looks as if I will have to go and get a few pics myself... will try tomorrow, hope the LFS hasn't sold them out by then...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.