Cichlid Fish Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I can already tell they enjoy it more also as they love to sift through it more now it seems. However, one of my more dominant Dragonbloods seems to like it alittle too well and insists on digging a nest in the corner of the tank and chase off anyone that comes near it. Timeout he goes soon.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Never been able to figure out how to stop them from digging. Don't guess I care to, either. I find it an interesting behavior.

·
Super Moderator
40,893 Posts
The digging is OK but the chasing? I know your tank is huge but you do have a bunch of look-alike males. Are you sure there are no females?

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
The digging is OK but the chasing? I know your tank is huge but you do have a bunch of look-alike males. Are you sure there are no females?
There arent 100%. I put the problematic DB back in the tank and all is fine, he's keeping to himself now. Noones digging to make nests or endlessly chasing anymore but I do have more males to add soon. Also going to start removing some fish that are essentially duplicates.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Epic set up! Yes the white looks better!

·
Super Moderator
40,893 Posts
Sometimes fish colors show up brighter on a more neutral color...what about a gray with a hint of blue?

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Few updates. Firstly, air pump has been upgraded and DANG this thing is HUGE! This sucker is rocking now! Had to turn down the sponge filters and bleed off air with two open air vents. Was def a power issue with the LPH60 cause this thing powers those long drops like nothing and then some!

Noticed alot of flashing in every tank I have fish in now so going to dose each tank with Cupramine and slow down on feeding. The other tanks I had setup with no fish in will be drained, cleaned out, sanitized and possibly be repainted. I've seen a number of blue background tanks in person and on Facebook pages I'm strongly considering making the switch to blue backgrounds. Going to test on the 3 40g breeders that arent setup currently tonight. Color of choice is called Sea Frolic by Valspar but its really Carolina Tarheels blue lol. This with bare bottoms or white sand should make the tanks pop alot more.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts