Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had an xp2 sitting for a little while and today I cleaned it out real nice and re-ran the hoses. Primed beautifully, but when I plugged it in I couldn't get it to pump. I can feel a slight vibration coming from it indicating the motor is working (I think), but the impeller doesn't seem to be working. I checked the impeller again to make sure it was clean and it still doesn't want to work. I wasn't sure if there was anything else I could do, or if the motor was bad. I'm thinking maybe the impeller still, but I can't seem to get it clean enough or somethings is in the chamber. Any ideas?

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
confirm that the two rubber bushings, that center the impeller's axle at each end, are still in place. they are small, and can be easily washed away, while cleaning. HTH.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I managed to get the impeller spinning, but only when the impeller cap was off, it would continue to work if I placed the cap back on while it was running. I think that it is slightly off center and this is preventing it from torquing up enough to start with the cap off. This may or may not be due to the bushings wearing out, I took them out and cleaned them real well but to no avail. Do those bushing wear out over time?

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
RRasco said:
Do those bushing wear out over time?
i've never been impressed to keep a filstar filter that long.:lol:
there are two small rubber bushings, at each end of the axle, that keep the prop centered. if either are missing, or damaged, it will most definitely stop the prop from turning. if both seem to be in good shape, it would be a safe investment to buy a new impeller assembly. if it has a tendency to stick---it could decide to do it again later unnoticed. HTH.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts