Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
I have a 75G tank fully cycled. Just waiting to stock it!
Do you think a group of 5 Multies and 4 Xeno Ochrogenys will be ok for the bottom of the tank?
I have rocks and shells on the ends, and open sand in the middle.
I also want to add 5 Neolamp Caudopunctatus and 6 or more Cyprichromis Leptosoma
Possibly 1 other group of something compatible or is this it?
Or is what I want out of the question?
Thanks
You have all been a great help thus far!

·
Registered
790 Posts
I say maybe lose the Caudo's?

But the multi's and xeno should be fine.
Get more than 6 cyps, make sure there non-jumbo.

I see your in Denver I live out in Aurora, I know pretty much all the breeders around here if you need help finding anything.

·
Registered
790 Posts
I only say maybe on the Caudo's cause I have brief experience with them, and not to sure how they would do with the xenos as there pretty docile.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Furcifer158..sent you a pm.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the PM Furcifer158. I was looking at the Leleupi for the bright color, but I guess they might be to agressive for this setup. Is that why you suggested dropping them?

·
Registered
4,581 Posts
I think you've got the right idea- except I would change the numbers around a bit. Cyps do best in groups of 10 or more, and I would add at least 6 xenos. Caudopunks are nice and calm, for neolamps anyway :lol: so add 5 to start with.

You will need to aquascape carefully if you want to add another species- xenos require a pretty large and quiet footprint of open sand...

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks trisquit.
Here is the list: Hope to get them next week when the breeder is back in town!

Cyprichromis Leptosoma Utinta F1- 10

Neolamprologus Multifasciatus -5

Neolamprologus Caudopuntatus
Redfin/Kapampa F1-5

Xenotilapia Ochrogenys
Ndole Bay- 6

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I will be adding more shells too

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Do you think that open sand area is big enough for the Xeno Ochs? Behind the rock piles it's open too. The rocks do not go back against the glass.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
My caudopunks are pretty aggressive. I personally would not mix them with sandsifters. Caudos like to hang out infront of rockpiles on the sand and will chase any fish that comes, even if its not far.

Just my experience.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Also there is not much need for so many rocks. You could take some out to make more room for the xeno's and cyps, and keep them to one side of the tank to really maximize sand spac

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Furcifer158 said:
Also there is not much need for so many rocks. You could take some out to make more room for the xeno's and cyps, and keep them to one side of the tank to really maximize sand spac
so you suggest removing 1 pile of rocks?

·
Registered
4,581 Posts
I agree- I would suggest keeping one rock pile, then piling the shells together, and then lots of open sand. :thumb:

And, yes- every fish act a bit different. My caudos ignore shells and spawn in a cave... but you might choose to put in a larger conch shell for the caudos so they don't bicker with the shellies over the little shells.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Good idea, I have a conch shell to throw in there too.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts