Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

In my Discus tank where I have also some Bolivian rams, I discovered suddenly last night a fry :eek: , about 1,5 cm long under the big Amazonplant I have in there. As it looks like it is a Bolivian ram fry since I have only my Discus in there with some Sterba ( 6 of them that suddenly became 7 over the last year, because I only bought 6 from the beginning) and 2 Angelicus.

I haven't done anything to "promote" the breeding. :D

I'll get a photo in as soon as I can get a good angle on the little fellow. tried video last night but it got to blurry.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Klave said:
Hi

In my Discus tank where I have also some Bolivian rams, I discovered suddenly last night a fry :eek: , about 1,5 cm long under the big Amazonplant I have in there. As it looks like it is a Bolivian ram fry since I have only my Discus in there with some Sterba ( 6 of them that suddenly became 7 over the last year, because I only bought 6 from the beginning) and 2 Angelicus.

I haven't done anything to "promote" the breeding. :D

I'll get a photo in as soon as I can get a good angle on the little fellow. tried video last night but it got to blurry.
Ok, quoting on my own post here,,just found more fry's in there, same size.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here's the link

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I saw that they disappeared in the back and was a little bit more defensive about certain areas, but I didn't think any about it since they "nag" with each other all the time.
Also my "nature" i.e. live plants are very dense in there so they lived like their own life back there.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
...also think about it; I have not fed anything like special brineshrimp or such, but just my normal beefheart diet with some waffers for the Sterbas, ( by the way, they like beefheart just like that too :D and grow like crazy) and I also think that my live-plant balance in there has helped some. All my plants in there are about 2 years old and no replant and they just grow and grow and grow. Also I have Nierte snails in there.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Now here's the video link

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi

Ok, just found more ( 8+) smaller fry in the back of the tank,,it's a Bolivian ram breeding ground. :)

Maybe 3 - 4 week old.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just found out that the size of the larger fry in tank is about 4 months old.
I have not seen these fry before. (i.e. I'm not blind)
Wow,, nature can be awesome inside a tank.

·
Registered
432 Posts
congrats on the many spawns. With a bit more care for the fry you may have more survive. Your pair must be great parents if they can get fry to live without you feeding them anything special for the first few months.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanx...:)

Below is a link from a prev. post of mine where you can se some of the Bolivian Rams in the tank they spawned in :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts