Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
You could try it. It would probably look nice. The problem is whether or not your Oscar thinks it looks nice. They are very good at re-arranging their tank to their preference and if yours doesn't like the bubble wall, it may just remove it. Mine hates plants and tears them to pieces (real or plastic) He has also tried to break my heater and has broken a thermometer.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
purely an aesthetic decision. It doesn't add or take away anything from your tank assuming that you already have adequate surface agitation.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My young Tiger Oscar enjoys the air bubbles I think he/she enjoys the "tickles" from it, and swimming upstream the strong flow of water output from the AquaClear 110.
I have a long, flat-like airstone, deep buried in sand since he/she moves things around at will (except the plants, some of which he/she feeds from, while others seem to mark some of his favourite resting spots) which made me doubt about using the tubular (hose) bubble wall system.

Pepe
Santo Domingo

·
Registered
10 Posts
i personally like them. but i like them hidden. either buried under the substrate or hidden in the decoration. it is not just for deco, but it also provides water disturbance and helps oxygenate the water.

some of my fishes like swimming through them. provides entertainment for the fish?! ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts