Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I put flag stone in my 110 and I think it looks good. Really wanted a little more, but it was already $40 for just these. I'm actually thinking about replacing it with TX Holey Rock, but not quite yet. Here is a pic so you know what they could look like, although mine are probably bigger than you can get, I'm not sure.

·
Administrator
42,007 Posts
Since the product is for herps, I'd wonder about safety with long-term submersion. Easy enough to email the manufacturer and ask about safety in a fish aquarium.

Wouldn't rocks be cheaper and easier to find?

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good rocks aren't common here :( Really. And there's usually all these laws prohibiting the collecting of rocks blah blah blah....and those rocks sold in fish stores cost a fortune! :eek: Plus the ones with the shape I want I can't find easily.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Just make sure if you use concrete "rocks" that you let them cure fully then put them in water (without fish) for a while. The concrete will affect the pH balance significantly and leach other trace chemicals for a while. Seems like I remember people saying to soak them for at least a couple of weeks and change out the water a few times, but don't quote me on the length of time needed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.