Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got a wild caught wolf from the lfs and had him for a week. all he does is stay in a flower pot i have in the tank, what should i do

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'd make sure your water parameters match up what it use to have in the wild. Parachromis dovii cichlids are sometimes very timid, but also boisterous when feeling at home. Give it time and the right diet (carnivore diet), with plenty of water changes and I am sure it will become more personable. Also note that Dovi's are monsters they get atleast 15 inches (male) and require IMO 125gal or larger tank. :thumb: Goodluck and share some pics! :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
If indeed it is a wild Dovi it wont be interested in staple food which IMO is a must in a cichlid diet. For now I suggest feeding frozen foods like Beefheart, Bloodworms, and krill. I am not sure how big it is, but if its 8 inches or larger you can feed raw shrimp or you can cut the shrimp up in small peices so it can eat it better. DO NOT get raw shrimp from a bait shop. Most LFS carry frozen raw shrimp I suggest getting it from there. :thumb: Also LIVE foods like Blackworms, Mealworms, Crickets are good sources of the necessary protein a carnivore needs. DO NOT feed live gold feeders. They'll just introduce parasite's and other lethal pathogens into your aquarium. I only suggest live feeders if you raise them yourself. You can get a pair of convicts which breed regularly and feed the Dovii the fry when the fry are 3/4 of an inch.

J

1 - 4 of 4 Posts