Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7,008 Posts
Sorry for the loss of your fish

There's very little to be learned from a picture of a dead fish--appreciate the effort though.
What would be helpful is if you could tell me what symptoms you observed in the weeks leading up to the death. From first to last.
Also: what are the tank parameters, ph, ammonia, nitrite and nitrate?
How long has the tank been set up?
How long have you had these particular fish?
How many and what species of fish live in the tank?
What did you use for a treatment?

Right now:
Do a 30%partial water change using a good quality dechlorinator, wait a few hours and do another 30% partial water change and siphon the gravel.

Robin

·
Registered
7,008 Posts
I can't see the strange growth, can you describe it?

Was the fish eating right up until the day it died?
Not very active: sitting on the bottom? Hanging at the top? Hiding behind/inside things? Gasping/breathing harder than normal?

Do the still living fish seem to improve at all directly after a 30% partial water change?

Robin

·
Registered
7,008 Posts
I'm sorry you lost them, wilsonj88.

I don't think it was parasites but it could have been either fungal or bacterial.
For your remaining fish:
over the next several weeks watch them closely for any suspicous symptoms, lethargy, not eating, growths, un-natural color, etc. And do some extra partial water changes, every other day or every few days. 30% using a good quality dechlorinator.

Again, sorry they didn't make it.

Robin

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.