Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With or Without Amazon Swords
With3597.22%
Without12.78%

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I can't decide, I feel like the amazon swords fill up the sides nicely but they look a bit out of place..

Here are some pics to help me decide :?

WITH

WITHOUT

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
wow yea :eek: These polls help a lot, especially when I can't decide.. More and more i look at it, i think i do like it with :thumb:

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here is how it looks after I put them back in.. Moved some stuff around, I am happy with it now :lol:

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
newforestrob said:
untill next time :popcorn:
hahah :lol: That happens about once a week :oops:

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've been prostituting my tank pictures out a bit much over the last couple days in various forums because I wanted some opinions on different aspects of it :lol: :lol: :lol: so i'm sure you will see it in a few others as well :oops: :oops: :oops:

·
Registered
705 Posts
thats a fantastic setup. looks very familiar to mine.. stand and everything lolz. it gets a LOT of natural light so hopefully those plants do really well. i highly suggest however that you dont over fertilize the tank. (go with 1/3 of reccomended fertilizers) it will help supress algae that will sooner or later grow. either way looks great!

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I voted yes because its the only plant I have been able too keep in my jd tanks.

·
Registered
319 Posts
The thing you need to know about swords is that they like a deep, nutrient rich substrate. It's a bit hard to tell from the pics, but swords should be planted in at least 4 inches of substrate and yours looks like less than 2. Adding clay balls or fertilizer spikes under the roots will help. Happy swords grow a new leaf about every two days and get pretty massive. I had a similar set up one time with a sword on one side and a red lotus on the other, both very large plants.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts