Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm new to the forum (long time Tang person, never done Malawis) but I just had to share these. They're my wife's from her community tank (with a Severum, some rainbows, some corys, etc)
I thought she looked like she was carrying, so I snapped a couple shots. She's very small, as is the male and I didn't think they could have actually done this so I was quite surprised (and a little disturbed by the photos in a startled kinda way) to see someone lookin back at me!

Anyone have any recommendations for her?

·
Registered
847 Posts
Welcome Jamey. Nice shot! :thumb: If you have a spare 10G tank, you could put her in there until she spits or strip the fry and let them grow a little in there. If you don't, then you'll just have to let nature take it's course in the main tank.

·
Registered
721 Posts
That is a little funny to "see" the fish staring back at you and with the mouth open see the eyes of the fry looking also. Interesting pics. 8)

·
Registered
729 Posts
Those pictures are incredible... You should enter them in the photo contest!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks! I did actually submit the first one into the competition. That was the first thing I saw on the way in. I'm a photographer so I love photo contests! Gonna have to start taking more pics of my fishes!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Super Turtleman said:
Welcome Jamey. Nice shot! :thumb: If you have a spare 10G tank, you could put her in there until she spits or strip the fry and let them grow a little in there. If you don't, then you'll just have to let nature take it's course in the main tank.
Unfortunately there isn't really a market for these guys, and with the tank I just set up in the bedroom my wife is less than wanting to set up more tanks so we can breed fish for us to keep. Looks like nature is gonna have to do it's thing here!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts