42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
6-juli corys
2-cockatoo apistos
1-bristlenose pleco
1-firemouth cichlid
1-angelfish
1-bolivian or gold ram
1-Geophagus balzanii (this is what i dont know about) if it wont work then a blood parrot will take it's place.
it'll be soooooooooooo cool if this all would work out, but im new with cichlids and even though none are really that aggressive and aqadvisor says it'd be ok i want a cichlid expert.

·
Registered
625 Posts
From your signature I take it you're expanding your 40 breeder to a 55? And moving all those fish, except the tiger barbs and replacing them with one blood parrot or geophagus and an angel fish?

If that's the case and your existing fish work well then I think it could work. Angel fish can be so temperamental though. It will, and always will, depend on the exact fish you put in.

·
Registered
656 Posts
I would suggest doing some more research on the geophagus. I'm pretty sure they're supposed to be kept in groups with nothing more aggressive than they are. ( I wish I could tell you more, but I mostly only know about africans)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the only thing i found is for breeding you wanna kep 1 male with 5 females, nut nothing about keeping them in groups but ill keep looking. they must be kind of rare because i cant find much info.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Hi allaboutfish1996,

I am not sure about the Geo. Balzanii; however, I am fairly certain the fire mouth will be too aggressive for the gold ram and likely the apistos (except the apistos will need a small cave and can hide from the FM but won’t be seen often).

All of your proposed inhabitants are from South American except the FM. Therefore, if you are set on the apistos and ram, I personally would not get the FM and Geo. Balzanii and get a group of 5 rams and get another angle fish. Then you will have a nice SA tank of dwarf cichlids and angle fish. I have not kept apistos, so I am not sure on how they would treat the rams.

Thanks,
Matt

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
actually im either doing
6-juli corys
2-cockatoo apistos
1-angelfish
1-blood parrot
1-bolivian ram