·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2 males/6 females of Ophth. Ventralis Mtoto
15 cyprichromis tricolors
10 paracyprichromis nigripinnis
10 enant. melagenys

It is a standard 6' tank with a sump overflow with a rock pile on each end. Water changes are performed at about 30% every week.

Would this work out ok, if not what should I remove (don't say the ventralis because it's their tank LOL)

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
790 Posts
The ventralis and enants might not work out to well in the long run, if your starting with TB fish. If there WC I would not even try keeping them together. Ventralis get very nasty when they try to breed and would just harass the enants. You might have better luck changing your rock piles in to just one in the middle of your tank or if you want two piles one in the middle and the other on one of the sides.

Also 15 jumbo cyps might be over crowding the tank a bit IMO, but I would still add them and see how it goes. I only say this cuz you will also have 8 ventralis swimming in the same area.

So I would take out the enants and leave everything else and see how it works. 8)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The cyps are not jumbo cyps. The featherfins are wild caught, so would Auloncranus Dewindti Isanga work better than the mtoto?

Thanks again,

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
If the cyps are tri colours, then they are jumbos.
I wouldn't put Enants in with Ventralis or Jumbo cyps, I have done it before in a 210g tank, and it ended in tears. Cyps, paracyps and ventralis will work great.

·
Registered
790 Posts
I kept kitumba cyps with kilesa and xeno ornatipinnis with no problem. This was in a 7' 90G

I agree with noddy if they are tri color than they must be jumbo's

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys. I just talked to who I got the tricolors and he confirmed they are the jumbo variety. Sorry, I didn't know they were jumbos. So the cyps, paracyps, and ventralis would work ok?

Thanks,

1 - 7 of 7 Posts