1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
should be fine. I'd be more worried about the peacocks than the mbunas. Probably a good thing to let the peacocks start out bigger. Gives them more of a fighting chance to be dominant.

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
I would buy much closer to 8 juvies of each for the labs and rusties - this gives you the chance to re-home overaggressive males and get more girls for your remaining boy(s).

Since you have haps/peacocks in there you really want to keep the mbuna aggression down and I have found that re-homing the biggest trouble makers can help quite a bit.

Don't forget to keep adding the ammonia until the morning the fish are to arrive then do the massive water change :thumb:.

Good Luck.

·
Banned
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Already added the fish. : )

I went to my LFS and found some beautiful fish. I got:

5x: juve yellow labs
1x: juve nkhata bay
1x: unknown juve solid yellow

1x: 3.5"-4" yellow blaze
1x: 3" orange flametail
1x: 2.5" female flametail (she was inlcuded in the deal but Ill see if I can sell her)
1x: 2.5" unknown blue peacock / hap (I saw him at the last minute and didnt get a change to look at the tank so see the species name)

yellow blaze

flametail

blue hap / peacock?????

nkhata bay

Im going to order a 3"+ german red peacock and a 3"+ sunshine peacock online later today.

·
Registered
104 Posts
The one you are calling a "yellow blaze" looks to be an Aulonocara maulana "Bi-Color 500" which is not refered to as a yellow blaze. Usually yellow blaze is in reference to an Otopharynx lithobates which that fish is not.

Your sunshine and german red are sure to fight, but once they settle it out they can work together as long as you have a big enough tank.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts