Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when treating a whole tank full of mbunas including 1 pleco with clout, will it harm the pleco so that i would have to remove him before treatment?

Tim

·
Registered
7,008 Posts
I think most plecos will be fine with the treatment but I imagine there are some that are more sensitive to any kind of medication.
I know we often say that Clout is a 'harsh' med but in my own personal experience with it I didn't find it to be so. If you have concerns about using it though you could use Jungle Parasite Clear instead.

As with any treatment/medication you're using on your tank you should be around during its use to observe how your fish are doing and if you see any kind of behavior that seems to be in response to the medicine itself then you need to do an immediate partial water change.

Robin

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Could I still feed the remaining fish that are well, while treating the tank with clout? Or will I have to fast them while the medication is at work?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.