Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
It's common to have variations. I had two wild females that looked more yellow than all the others. Do they all have the blue spots on the face?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
this one doesnt seem to have the blue spots . All the others do. Also some of them have orange circles around the eyes and some are yellow. These are really good looking trophs. One of the females spit 3 fry 2 days after I got them home !

·
Registered
9,071 Posts
I would think a tropheus sp. "black" type got mixed in by the importer. Seems more like a "Bemba/Pemba"???

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tough call. He is starting to look more like the others just more orange than yellow. The color is more horizontal than vertical and no color extends up the dorsal and he has orange eye circles. I dont want it to breed with the sunspots if he is not a sunspot though.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
Looks like a Moop to me.
I'll try to dig out some of my old pics/videos. My dominant male would turn very dark orange and his eyes would be like fire when he was spawning/fighting.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That would be good to see Noddy. Definitely a male. He has been interrupted a couple times by another bigger male. He is persistent.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.