Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Probably not. Australia isntthe friendlist country for importing live fish. You would probably have to pay for your fish to be quarantined by australian customs before they are brought in. I knew someone who lived in Australia and ran into these problems.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Im not sure but you could check with the larger cichlid suppliers in Australia:

www.coburgaquarium.com.au (retailer in Victoria, says on thier website they have an import licence)

www.bayfish.com.au (wholesaler)

www.majesticaquariums.com.au (sydney retailer - not sure if they import but they have a great range of cichlids available)

http://www.tanganyikangateway.com.au/

www.livefish.com.au

these are just the ones I came across in my own search for Tanganyikans (I am in Adelaide and there is not a very big range of Tang's available through the LFS)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Yes it is. There is a guy in NSW who will be importing very soon. He's given a list of what is available. Not many Mals though as only Aulonocara and Cyrtocara are on the allowed import list.

I can link you up to the site if you want to PM me. Not sure if it's appropriate to cross link other forums.

Having said that, the Federal Government plans to stop the importation of all live ornamental fish in 2012. Remains to be seen if that can be done as an importer friend of mine has had word that AQIS may not have the staff to police a total ban

Interesting times

1 - 4 of 4 Posts