Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I looking for importers of wild African cichlids from malawi ,looking a to get a few mbuna groups if any one could point me in a direction to look for

·
Super Moderator
40,499 Posts
In the US the wholesalers tend to be the importers and they sell only to retail outlets. Ask at your local fish store. They have a wholesaler and they will usually be happy to order them for you.

Retailers are show in the Retailer Reviews section. If you want specific vendor information, please use Private Message, thanks!

·
Registered
641 Posts
My supplier in Georgia USA imports wilds but typically haps, peacocks, and tangs. But he did mention he could order me mbuna when I was ready so he should also be able to get these. PM me if you want his contact info.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Mbuna are popular and prolific, and have been bred in captivity for a long time, so finding wild-caught specimens is a challenge. That said, wild Mbuna are occasionally available; check your PM for a link to one such importer. Be prepared for a bit of a challenge if you've never kept WC Africans before, because they are different from their tank-raised counterparts. Good luck. :fish:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts