Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys im just woundering everytime i go into my sitting room or even when i feeding them they make a burst to hide dont know why this is or is this normal for them to hide away as they still very young id like to is this what they do or is it down to the viberation from my timber floor :-?

·
Registered
6,748 Posts
Some bunches do get very scittish after being moved. And the whole bunch seems to go this way and coppy each other. How long have you had them? If for longer than 3 weeks then yep prob something to do with not feeling settled in this tank. Vibrations a good place to start. They should be confident and come and great you asking for food not hiding away.

All the best James

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
My Red chimbas always scurry away when I come into the room. Then if I watch quietly they will come out and stay.
I used to have Black kirizas in the same size tank in the same room and they never fled so who knows?

·
Registered
6,748 Posts
The other option rather than creep about your tanks (enough to freak anything out) is to expose em to your constant presence and vibrations so they have to get used to it. Called habitualising or desensitising I think. Had lots of fish that just needed plonking in a constantly busy room to get over their skittishness.

All the best James

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hi thanks for the replys i was feeding my trophs4 times daily and the last few days iv started feeding them 2 and they seem to be coming to greet me when i come to the tank!! i think its 2 feeds daily :wink:

·
Registered
2,841 Posts
Cichlidguy2 said:
hi thanks for the replys i was feeding my trophs4 times daily and the last few days iv started feeding them 2 and they seem to be coming to greet me when i come to the tank!! i think its 2 feeds daily :wink:
I feed once a day. They really like my visits!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts