Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a PWC on Saturday, and I filled the water all the way to the plastic brace at the top. I like to fill my tank so that the water flow from my AC110 makes as little bubbles/noise as possible, which means the water is well over the lip of the filter. Today (Monday), the water is already almost below the lip, which resulted in water trickling noise and a lot of microbubbles. I am very picky about this. Why am I losing so much water in so little time? I have glass tops. Could it be because I don't have the plastic pieces to connect to the glass at the back of the tank? The whole back portion of the tank is open, but only large enough so as to allow the AC110 to fit.

·
Registered
877 Posts
you should get one of the plastic pieces which fills that gap between the glass top and back of your tank. your water is just evaporating quickly. if you get that piece it will slow it down some. you can cut the piece to let your filter hang but leave as little space as you want. the less open space the longer your water will stay.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
HONDO said:
you should get one of the plastic pieces which fills that gap between the glass top and back of your tank. your water is just evaporating quickly. if you get that piece it will slow it down some. you can cut the piece to let your filter hang but leave as little space as you want. the less open space the longer your water will stay.
Where can I get those?

@Quicksilver, I have it on for 10 hrs a day.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Also, where does your tank in your house sit? I have one of my tanks near my AC vent and it evaporates MUCH quicker than my tank across the room. If you are in the same area as I am (MD) its been unseasonably warm here and running that AC 8-10hrs or more a day may also be contributing to your loss of water. On the bright side, micro bubbles are amazing for oxygenation.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My tank is in my bedroom, which is very small. The AC vent is on the ceiling, about ten feet away from the tank.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Yeah but its still possible, remember, Air Conditioning takes moisture out of the air.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts