·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some pics of the mom.

and I believe the dad to be this

I guess it would help if I knew what species they were haha

Are the socolofi?

The mother is normally solid brown but sometimes shows stripes almost identical to the snow white socolofi

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Not socolofi. Female socolofi are blue like males. Not sure what she is.

The white guy doesn't look to be a snow white, but rather an albino zebra or something.

·
Registered
32 Posts
the brown one is a "rustie".not sure of the proper name but they are in the mbuna profiles. cool fish.

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
The albino socolofi (Snow white socolofi) should not have any bars and has a much more torpedo like body shape. This guy is defintiley an albino M. zebra.

FYI-Rusties are Iodotropheus sprengerae, but that female does not have the right body shape for a rustie anyway. She looks more like a female Metriaclima greshakei

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
MalawiLover said:
She looks more like a female Metriaclima greshakei
I agree.

The male is an albino zebra type, but not an albino greshakei.

The fry would be hybrids.

Kim

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well I was guessing the white one was the father but there is alot more fish in the tank so it could be one of them but I thought they looked similar.

also in the tank are cobalt blues, Melanochromis joanjohnsonae, a rusty (which looks nothing like the mother), white labs, one yellow lab, and a blue... something?

Update: some of the fry are actually starting to show a little blue in their dorsal and pelvic fins, but are otherwise brown in color.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
haha I almost forgot the most important one... I now believe this one to be the father but unknown species. LFS sold as a "sunshine" lmao but its nothing close to that. I'll try to get a good picture of him in a min.

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
That looks like a Ps. socolofi. Has this one always been blue?

The "sunshines' are usually a variety of man-made peacocks of a light orangy red coloration.

Who ever they father is, with the mixed group you have, the fry would still be hybrids.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts