Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
before i post tank water iscycled and numbers are right on i have 16 mbunas and are seemingly healthy except i noticed today 1 of 4 of my white tails is acting strange im not sure if its holding i got them as babes 2 months ago. wouldn't that be to young to have eggs? it chases the flakes and then not eat also seen some flashing it would be difficult to get it out of my tank since there many stones to run away also its staying by 2 caves by the bottom far away from feeding hole i thought maybe from adding too much salt so i did a water change not adding salt it does seem a little bloated but nothing crazy plus this is first day without appetite need some help if its possible bloat do i treat my whole tank? i looked again he is bloated comparing it to other 3 i do have a hospital but its not fully cycled should i use that and treat for bloat i feed spirulina and zooplankton mix i got from LFD

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
I would remove him to the hospital tank, and treat with epsom salt at 1 tbls per 5 gallons. Just keep and eye on the water parameters close if it is not cycled. May have to do 50% WC's everyother day to keep it straight, but that is better than infecting the entire tank. Watch for white thin stringy poop, and watch closely to make sure he isnt eating. If you notice any white stringy poo then I would treat with metrodizanole and epsom together.

Good luck and hope it works out for you.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
I highly doubt it. I have some of them as well, and have had them about the same amount of time. Unless yours are bigger than mine..... but you never know.

If you can post a picture of it, that may help us determine whether or not she is holding. I am kinda hoping for your sake that she is. Then you wont have to worry about treating or having a sick fish! Upload a photo to photobucket and post it on here.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts