Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi…i have a yellow tail acei and a white tail acei in my 300G…The white tail acei was added few weeks after the yellow tail acei…Since day 2 of adding the white tail acei has always been following the yellow tail acei evrywhere it goes…it never felt to me like any kind of aggressive chase or any kind of behaviour related to mating and all because the yellow tail acei dont have a single scracth on it and it is showing absolutely no signs of any stress and it neither is running away from the white tail acei…I am not sure abt the sexes therefore i will post pics of them so that u cud try to figure out …they are about 5-6 inches both of them…its like both of them are twin brothers always moving around together…anybody tell me y it could be?I am just curious because theyr are the best of friend s for like 3-4 months now…The only time the white tail acei was not with the yellow tail acei was when it had bloat which i was able to succesfully treat it and its back in there and then it was back to his own self again with the yellow tail acei itself…
Water Vertebrate Underwater Organism Fin

Water Blue Natural environment Organism Fluid

Water Azure Underwater Natural environment Fin

·
Registered
9,230 Posts
These are a schooling type of Mbuna, they travel in groups and are not terribly territorial. They are not exactly the same species, but might prefer to hang out together. The Yellow Tail seems female, males are less colorful with pointed fins. The White Tail could be male but is not looking very dominant.

·
Registered
129 Posts
These are a schooling type of Mbuna, they travel in groups and are not terribly territorial. They are not exactly the same species, but might prefer to hang out.The Yellow Tail seems female, males are less colorful with pointed fins. The White Tail could be male but is not looking dominant.
[/QUOTE
Hi!😃
That's what I was thinking about them shoeling!😃 (spelling)
OK, I know is that females have more rounded anal fins and the males have pointy ones.
I'm having trouble seeing the pictures.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Yes!😃
These are a schooling type of Mbuna, they travel in groups and are not terribly territorial. They are not exactly the same species, but might prefer to hang out.The Yellow Tail seems female, males are less colorful with pointed fins. The White Tail could be male but is not looking dominant.
I think so too!😃 if I had to choose

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
These are a schooling type of Mbuna, they travel in groups and are not terribly territorial. They are not exactly the same species, but might prefer to hang out together. The Yellow Tail seems female, males are less colorful with pointed fins. The White Tail could be male but is not looking very dominant.
Thankz a lot…should i get a few more of them?if yes which ones and how many more coz i dont wanna create problems to a peaceful gang😅

1 - 10 of 10 Posts