·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

let me know what you think please!

·
Registered
9,070 Posts
Cannot tell if there actually is ich but those few fish are probably stressed out by aggression issues. Ich is not a major problem with Malawi cichlids, Ich is mostly a symptom of bad water quality. Decent water quality with regular water changes solves most simple disease problems. You tank might be getting too crowded which might lead to lower water quality, but a crowded tank also tends to diffuse aggression problems.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
noki said:
Cannot tell if there actually is ich but those few fish are probably stressed out by aggression issues. Ich is not a major problem with Malawi cichlids, Ich is mostly a symptom of bad water quality. Decent water quality with regular water changes solves most simple disease problems. You tank might be getting too crowded which might lead to lower water quality, but a crowded tank also tends to diffuse aggression problems.
Hi thanks.
what do you think those white spots on him are? you can see he is battered as he has been fighting alot with the alfa and at times managed to make him back off he managed to breed but the price was heavy all his fins are damaged it seems
still those white spots concern possibly is getting crowed

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
anyone else? the smaller one now looking more like the one with the main spots.

·
Super Moderator
40,523 Posts
I'm with noki, can't confirm ich. Are the white spots raised or depressed? Look like they might be missing scales from fighting? I would reduce stock, the tank does look very crowded and you have a lot of large species in the tank.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
DJRansome said:
I'm with noki, can't confirm ich. Are the white spots raised or depressed? Look like they might be missing scales from fighting? I would reduce stock, the tank does look very crowded and you have a lot of large species in the tank.
hi i think you may be right it could be fighting ill have to make another vid and put it up its a 5x20x20 how many fish should i have

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.