Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,008 Posts
Video wouldn't play...

From the picture, can't tell much, and your description, not a lot to go on there either, so I can't tell for sure what's going on but I will give you some things to try.

First test the water for ammonia, nitrite and nitrate. Then regardless of the test results do a partial water change of 30% and siphon the gravel. Use a good quality dechlorinator.

If the fish is eating and swimming normally then try fasting him for 24 to 48 hours. Add Epsom salt to the water at the rate of 1 tablespoon per 5 gallons. Dissolve the salt first and add it gradually over several hours time.Do another partial water change either during the fast or right after. Re-add the Epsom salt so that you end up with the same total amount of Epsom salt in the water after the partial water change.

If you notice that the white whatever it is is getting larger, has white fuzzy growth on it or the fish develops fuzzy growth anywhere else on it's body and or the fish stops eating and or becomes lethargic, then you may need to treat with an antibiotic. Kanamycin, Furan 2, or a combination of maracyn and maracyn two.

Could be an infection, a prolapsed rectum or the fish is egg bound.

Robin

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok i think it ended up being a pregnancy issue. Found 8 little buggers today, but the blue fish was dead. which suck, but i rather it die from this and not from a fungus

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.