Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all,
This patch has been on her for about a week now. I've been watching to make sure it's not getting larger or her behavior changes.
But, she seems ok...she eats fine, but does swim into water flow and hang out at top of tank.
At first I thought she might have gotten beat up, but I have a home office and see the tanks all day.
Could this be fungus?

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sorry forgot to add water parameters
75 gallon tank
water numbers are all good
PH 8
weekly 50% water changes
I did have to rehome several a week before this and chasing those being removed, did prob stress them out

·
Super Moderator
40,482 Posts
Is it fuzzy? If she is hanging out under the surface she is being harassed.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
maybe slightly fuzzy and there are several small patches on both sides
she's one of the smallest fish and others don't seem to bother with her. Unless the harassment is occuring at night, I'm not seeing it...and the tank is in my office where i work.
as far as hanging out at top - the powerhead is in the corner and it appears she likes to swim towards flow. Not sure that's unusual or not...?
I tried removing her to my 10 gallon hospital tank, but she sees me and swims under rocks. Thank you for your quick response.

·
Super Moderator
40,482 Posts
It looks like battle wounds but you could try Pima Fix in the 10G...natural that she hides.

No hap will voluntarily hang out at the top, but if you want to test it shoot the stream down into the tank and see if she moves down to stay in the flow.

We often don't see aggression, but we DO see the fish lurking under the surface...these fish like the substrate or the rocks for lurking if all is well.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Agression was my first thought, but since the tank sits in my office and I didn't see anything happening to her, I figured it could be something else.
Anyways, I've moved her to 10 gallon "get well" tank and added some melafix. will report back in a few days.
Thanks for your help

1 - 6 of 6 Posts