Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First post! I originally bought 3 Brichardi yesterday afternoon, but today I find out that one is indeed a N.Pulcher. It's also backed up near the heater while the 2 Brichardi seem to be having a good time.

My question is should I breakup the 2 Brichardi(really too young to figure what sex) and keep 1 brichardi and 1 daffodil? Doing this, will I be better off to mix a couple more fish in my 29 gallon?

Or should I stick to the brichardi and return the Daffodil? Thanks.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks! Done deal. At first I wanted some shellies, but my tank is set-up more towards Brichardi. They they look like they're having fun exploring around the skull caves. Now I wait and see if they become a pair.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I totally agree, but go one further. No sense in risking x breeding brichardi and pulcher. But if you bought 3 brichardi types initially and are ending up with only 2 N. brichardi, why not try to mix in a new gene pool of N. brichardi and get a couple or 3 more N. brichardi. You may have to confuse the heck out of them by keeping things stirred until they all settle in to a selective mating. But if you add a good line it will be worth it.

Wouldn't it?

But if you don't want breeding this changes everything. Keep only 1 brichardi type and find another type of tang to keep as tank mates such as Altos.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, I wanted to try to make it a single Brichardi tank, but was kinda hard for me to separate the two. It already looks like they need each other since they're always around each other.

·
Registered
173 Posts
May or may not continue to work out that way :( .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts