Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 60 gallon Hexagon tank right now that is very nice n i have someone that wants to trade me that tank for her 55 gallon long tank with stand.
what should i do??
which is better?
im lost:{

·
Super Moderator
40,494 Posts
What are the dimensions of the 60G hex? What kind of fish do you want to keep?

If you want to keep something that defends a territory, the 55G will likely have a better footprint and allow you more options.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
+1 on the 55g. its not the water volume, its the footprint when it comes to most cichlids i have learned.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Fogelhund
are you a part of this website or did you make it or something because only you n two other people respond to my ads n not that is a bad thing either bc you guys help me a lot.

·
Registered
31,206 Posts
JesseRayJames said:
Fogelhund
are you a part of this website or did you make it or something because only you n two other people respond to my ads n not that is a bad thing either bc you guys help me a lot.
I am part of the crew who help run the website. There are plenty of other people who help answer questions on this site, I guess you've just been unlucky to get me a few times. :lol:

·
Registered
140 Posts
The 55 gal would be the better choice if it is a 48 inch long top tank. Greater surface area helps control water problems

·
Banned
4 Posts
Hi dear,

I think glasses tank for the fish is better than all other tank.
I am using the glass tank for the fishing since two years, it is working very good.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I had a 55 long and a 75 hex up at the same time the hex took FOREVER to cycle.. and after it was very very very hard to clean being so deep.. I since took it down and is in my shed substrate and all.......

1 - 13 of 13 Posts