Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
I just added 2 green severums to my 180gal tank which housed 2 male cons and 2 JD's. The one which is roughly the same size as the original inhabitants is doing ok and eating fine but the smaller sev has not eaten since I got him 4 days ago and hides near the filter overflow.

There is one con that really likes to chase everyone in the tank mainly the new guys. I guess my question is do I remove the smaller sev and put him in another tank so that he can eat and grow or do I remove the aggressor con?

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
308 Posts
i would say remove the severum but try not to cause a lot of stress. what size tank do u plan on putting him in and would there be other tankmates

·
Registered
308 Posts
no i take that back i would remove the convict because when u remove the severum and put him back the con will probably be right back at it

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i've got a 45 hex that I would be putting whichever one into and they would be alone in it.

I have been told also that if I added a female con that he would reduce the amount of stress put on the Sev. Can anyone vouch for this?

·
Registered
161 Posts
well, if you put a female convict in with him and they breed (and in all liklihood they will) then you will have a real mess on your hands; so I don't think that's a good plan.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I hear ya Bruce. I have had an all con tank before. I was able to catch the aggressive con last night and he is in another tank of mine waiting to find him a new home.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts