Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 75 with labs & demasoni! The labs havent started to breed yet but are beautiful & I've raised them since they were fry! The demasoni on the other hand have started to Breed quite frequently despite their size! I have about 50 fry in my 20! Im even in the process of picking up a used 55 for raising them to a larger size before I sell or trade them or move the best into the main show tank!

The batch I received of these guys aren't the best in terms of barring and quality but I'll be having some fun trying breed out the less perfect fish! Question is other then the obvious choice of who to remove how can I be certain I'm removing the proper fish! For instance I don't wanna remove too many females and don't wanna upset the balance by removing a wrong male! There's some chasing & fin nipping now but there's plenty of room & hiding places & they do get along & r very active & fun to watch! There's alot of experience here & I'd like to here how some of u have done?

Thanks I love this forum!!!!

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
With my Dems I usually let them tell me which ones they want gone. They will stick out as the ones that are constantly hiding up in the corners, or behind the equipment with nipped fins. Typically those are the rejected males of the group. So far it has been working out for me and I have gotten this advice from several other Demasoni keepers on here.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts