Cichlid Fish Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know where i can find rocks for cheap in nyc / long island?

i'm looking for flat, roughly rectangular pieces of preferably slate or other dark rock that i can stack to form caves.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Find a landscaping company or a commercial greenhouse that sells landscaping items. It is the least expensive way to purchase some really nice items. Make sure to rinse them very well as you dont know what environment they have been kept until you purchased them.

Good Luck.

ExCasaPres

·
Registered
35 Posts
I get my rocks from this place:

http://www.bedrockmaterial.com/bould.html

It's in West Babylon on Long Island near where I live. If you're in the city it's a bit of a travel for you and I'm sure there are places closer to you. They use to have the prices on their website but they're not there anymore. Either way all the rocks are 22 cents a pound except lava and lace rock which are 45 cents a pound (because they're lighter). Last time I was there I got 66 pounds of red lava rock for my 55g mbuna tank for like $30 bucks. They have flat stones there too which are also pretty cheap.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Because we have a 'Reviews' section that includes opinions on retailers, we ask that you take advantage of this resource when possible. We feel that it is better for all who use the site to have a structured place to conduct reviews. Reviews on a discussion board quickly become buried and it is inevitable that your input will not be seen next time, or the time after that. This is not the case with the reviews section. In addition, it is easy to compare retailers and products there. Thank you for your consideration.

if you have a specific retailer PM it to the OP.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.