Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks,

Been out of the game for a few years (tried my hand at saltwater...never going back ;p). I'm in the planning stages of an all male peacock / hap setup. Most likely going to be a 135G.

One of the things I need to figure out, is what are good options for buying peacocks and haps online these days? Who has a good selection and and a good reputation...I've got one local store that stocks a lot of cichlids, but it can be hit or miss if they'll have what I am looking for in a timely fashion. I'd sort of rather order online (even if I have to use more than one source).

I don't think anything on the current 'ideal' stock list is too hard to get.

Looks something like this...although I may add a couple more.

Albino Peacock
Aulonocara Baenschi 'benga'
Aulonocara German Red (may do two of these)
Aulonocara Maulana 'bi-colour'
Aulonocara sp. 'Lwanda'
Aulonocara Ngara 'Flametail'
Aulonocara jacobfreibergi Undu Reef 'Lemon Jake'
Aulonocara Mbenji 'Blue Regal'
Dragonblood peacock
Copadichromis Borleyi crocodile rocks
Copadichromis Azureus
OB Peacock 'hybrid'
Protomelas Taeniolatus 'red empress'
Sciaenochromis Fryeri

·
Super Moderator
40,883 Posts
Please refer to the Retailer Reviews so that Cichlid-forum can keep review-type information there and out of the forums. Or you can send or receive a PM with recommendations.

What are the dimensions of the 135G?

Avoid look-alikes like 2 german reds, german red and dragonblood, empress and borleyi.

Avoid multiple jacobfreibergi like lemon jake and lwanda.

Shoot for 18 adults if the tank is 72" long.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dimensions are 72 x 18 x 24.

I am still messing with the stock list a bit that was just the initial idea.
It will likely change a lot before I start stocking :)

Thanks
Steve

·
Registered
269 Posts
Also depending on what state you are in and how far you are willing to travel, you could have a treasure trove of breeders with quality fish in your locale or a short drive away that would save you shipping costs and possibly be cheaper and allow you to hand pick your stock. Check craigslist and Facebook for cichlid groups and ask for local breeders info.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts