Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been told on multiple occasions to always make sure I get my water from the bottom of the tank for testing purposes. This just never made sense to me. If you have sufficient flow and gph turnover, shouldn't the overall water chemistry be the same everywhere in the tank?

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
:lol: Is this a joke? Sorry but i cannot figure out how you would even get water from the bottom of the tank without mixing it with middle level or top level water. I've always dipped the test tube from the top and had good luck.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I suppose you could cover the test tube with your finger reach into the tank take the sample and cover it again before taking it out, but why is the better question.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not a joke at all. You invert the tube or whatever you are collecting with, air keeps water out, then you turn and pull water out. Just asking, as that is what I've been told in the past.

·
Registered
7,422 Posts
natedgg
once upon a time this is how you had to use certain test kits and tanks often ran spongefilters or other methods that could have had dead spots. IMHO, you've just been told that someone is going to make you a "mixed tape" for your iphone. Times change, but people... not so much. :lol:

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Number6. I figured as much, but it is nice to have confirmation of my belief :)

So you're saying I should buy that mixed tape from the old guy at P3tSm4r7 either? There was going to be some M.C. Hammer on that one... :dancing:

·
Registered
133 Posts
No joke... in 5th grade (1993ish), a kid loaned me his Aerosmith CD. When I returned it, he asked me if I rewound it. :lol:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts