Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for lace rock... I'm remodeling my 29 gal in preparation for starting a brichardi colony...

I want lace rock because I've seen a bunch of tanks on this site with it and it looks awesome! But I can't find it...

If you are in the Tampa Bay are and found lace rock... help me out! thanks!

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Unfortunatly , I found all mine at the LFS and paid $2 a pound....
Wish my landscape supplier carried it but they looked at me like I'm from Mars when I asked for it.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Hoosier Tank said:
Unfortunatly , I found all mine at the LFS and paid $2 a pound....
Wish my landscape supplier carried it but they looked at me like I'm from Mars when I asked for it.
you so right about that.....them fool looked at me like " wtf is a lace rock" :lol: but then i found some its called immagination rock look just like lace rock but its tan color for 33 cents/ pound..lace is more gray
http://www.cichlid-forum.com/phpBB/view ... p?t=172908

·
Registered
14,646 Posts
Sometimes landscaping stores sell it as lava rock, or white lava rock. I remember seeing it once way up north at a landscaping place selling it as "Ocean Rock".

It's usually pretty cheap at landscaping stores. Buying rock at an LFS is kinda like buying all your groceries at a 7/11, sure you can get everything you want, but you're gonna pay big for it.

·
Registered
73 Posts

I brought mine from Miami on one of my last visits and went to Miami Beach and picked up so brain coral and some flat stones there too. They were rebuilding that beach! It was free and very cheap :D

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
out here its called mexican lace and its .35 a pound.i got 200#'s.but now im looking at the texas holey rock but man is it spendy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts